Departments across the school have been sharing ways in which students can prepare for upcoming National 5 and Higher courses by creating guides for home learning, click on the images for more information.
4 Tips for Parents
Dear Parents and Carers,
You are all welcome to the next Parent Council meeting:
- Date: Wednesday 15th March
- Time: 18:30 to 20:00
- Place: Social Subjects 3 Classroom
The main items on the agenda will be:
- Parent-school communication. How could communication between the school and parents be made more effective? How can we help support our children’s study?
- Proposal for a book club run by parents
- Understanding the School Finances – a presentation from the school business manager Peter Luke
- Pupil Equity Premium – The Scottish Government has recently awarded schools a Pupil Equity Premium. Do we have ideas or views on how Drummond’s Pupil Equity Premium should be spent?
Other agenda items:
We will also have our usual headteacher’s report and an update on Parent Council Work, including how we can help at the School Open Evening on 28th March.
There will be tea, coffee and biscuits.
To find the Social Subjects 3 room: from the entrance hall, turn right along the main corridor. Social Subjects 3 is on the right hand side of the corridor.
If you can’t get to the meeting, but would like to comment on the consultation, please let me know by emailing email@example.com
If you’d like to stay in contact, please follow us on twitter: @DCHSparents or ask to join our email group.
Meetings in 2017
Our full list of meetings this year is:
- Wednesday 15th March at 18:30 to 20:00
- AGM on Wednesday 24th May at 18:30 to 20:00
It would be great to see you at any or all of them.
David, Chair, Drummond Community High School Parent Council
The next meeting of Drummond Parent Council is on Wednesday 16th March from 6:30pm to 8pm in the school staff room. As usual, all parents & carers are welcome and there will be tea, coffee and biscuits.
The agenda is:
- Matters arising
- Update on drugs awareness raising sessions for parents/carers
- Head Teacher’s Report
- Update on sponsorship for practical lessons
- Review of Parent Council Fairtrade Cafe
- Planning for AGM on Wednesday 25th May
- Update on Head Teacher recruitment
- Any other business
If you’d like to raise any issues with the Parent Council, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with the school office.
Please find a link to the Spring Programmes, Activities and Groups booklet for Parents and Carers in North East Edinburgh: PACS Booklet NE January 2016 (PDF, 588KB).
All of the current Parenting Programmes offered by Edinburgh Council are now listed on joininedinburgh.org these lists are continually updated when new programmes are planned. Online application forms are available for PoPP- Incredible Years and Triple P and Teen Triple P.
Want to get ‘In on the Act’?
This Act of the Scottish Parliament is about additional support needs.
An additional support need is anything which creates a barrier to a child’s learning and anything which means the child needs some extra support compared to other children.
For more information go online to find an information booklet at:
Recognise, Reflect and Resolve
Free Conflict Resolution training event for Parents and Carers
Friday 5th and 12th February 2016,
Gate 55, 55 Sighthill Road, EH11 4PB
The course which will be delivered by SCCR (Scottish Centre for Conflict Resolution) will provide an opportunity to reflect on what it’s like for teenagers growing up and the potential triggers of conflict in families. Discussions will help parents and carers to reflect on the different ways to resolve conflict in different situations.
If you would like to book a space please email email@example.com or call 07860 736129 and provide your name, contact telephone number and email address (if you have one).