All parents and carers of Drummond Community High School students are automatically members of the Parent Council and have a say in how the school is run. We meet every couple of months and the minutes of our meetings are published on this website. We help to raise funds for the school, and also participate in the life of the school, for example by helping to organise a “Careers Speed Dating” event at which students meet people working in a variety of jobs.
Please come along to our meetings but don’t feel this commits you to regular attendance! If you can’t attend but want to raise anything, or ask about any aspect of school life, please contact the Chair David Sterratt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drummond Parent Council Members (Session 2016/17):
• Chair – David Sterratt
• Treasurer – Edmund Farrow
• Other Parent Members – Foysol Choudry, Mimmi Demitri von Pezold, Mure Dickie, Deirdre Henderson, Agomoni Ganguli-Mitra, Christine Meyer, Philippe Meyer, Srinjoy Mitra, Venkataramana S Ramamurthy
• Teaching Staff Members – Michael Paley, Jodie Hannan
Dates of Meetings for Session 2017/18 (these take place at 6.30pm to 8.00pm in the school):
- Wednesday 6th September 2017
- Wednesday 15th November 2017
- Wednesday 24th January 2018
- Wednesday 28th March 2018
- Wednesday 30th May 2018 (AGM)
Previous meeting minutes can be viewed via the Parent Council Minute Archive
We also engage with City of Edinburgh Council via the North East Locality Group and the Consultative Committee with Parents.
There is more information for parents on City of Edinbugh’s website.