For final-year LEAPS-eligible students who are holding university offers or have applied to UCAS this year
Our unicafes are a friendly, informal place for you to learn more about what it’s really like starting university – with a complimentary hot drink and snack thrown in!
We are running three sessions, all of which will take place in a student union on a university campus:
- Wednesday 27 February 2019, 5.15-7pm, University of Edinburgh Central Campus in Edinburgh
Debating Hall in the University of Edinburgh’s Teviot Row Student Union
13 Bristo Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9AJ
- Wednesday 6 March 2019, 5.15-7pm, Heriot-Watt University Scottish Borders Campus in Galashiels
Student Lounge, on the 2nd floor of the High Mill building at Heriot-Watt University’s Borders Campus
Nether Road, Galashiels, TD1 3HF
- Wednesday 13 March 2019, 5.15-7pm, Heriot-Watt University Edinburgh Campus in Riccarton
Liberty’s Cafe in the Student Union building at Heriot-Watt University’s Edinburgh Campus
Riccarton, EH14 4AS
Our cafes are hosted by current undergraduate students, so you can ask anything about making that transition to first year at uni. There’ll also be a chance to meet other current S6 students who may be going to the same university and/or town as you from September – a great chance to start building your university social network!
Public transport reimbursement available to help you travel to and from sessions.
Lovely new resource for Care Experienced young people with aspirations for training, college or university
Dear parents and carers,
you are all welcome to the next Parent Council meeting on Wednesday 23 January at 6.30pm in the Community Lounge in Drummond Community High School.
Our Headteacher, Jodie Hannan, and Depute Head, Pauline Sharp, will explain:
- staffing challenges and consequent changes to the curriculum
- the timetabling process
- and how pupils choose what courses to take from S3 to S6.
This a great chance to ask questions.
We will also discuss:
- Fundraising: a small group has been investigating activities, such as running a cafe for people using Drummond on Saturdays. Is this something we can do? We would need volunteers. Would you be interested?
- Spending funds: there will be an update on the “Drummond Decides” process – Parent Council is putting up £1000, and pupils and staff will decide how to spend it. We’ll also discuss other ideas, like paying for visits to community cinema.
- Supporting Broughton Primary School’s application to “Leith Chooses” for a project about growing and preparing food.
- City of Edinburgh Council Budget: on Mon 4 Feb there will be a meeting for reps of Parent Councils to discuss the city’s Education budget over the next few years. (It doesn’t look good.) Would anyone like to represent us?
There will be tea, coffee, juice and biscuits.
Please let us know if you need help with translation – email email@example.com
Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to discuss by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 6 March, 9am – 4pm
Corn Exchange, 10 New Market Rd, Edinburgh EH14 1RJ
- S4-S6 school summer leavers?
- Young college leaver?
- Left school within the last three years?
Job Roadshow Poster (PDF, 119KB)
These sessions will be relevant if you are applying via UCAS for a Teaching, Nursing or Midwifery course at any university and might have an interview coming up.
Access the LEAPS website – https://www.leapsonline.org/schoolstudents/s6-blog/s6-sessions
Please click on the links below to find out more and book your place:
Preparing for your Teaching University Course Interview, Friday 25 January 2019. Find out more and register for the Teaching session – https://www.leapsonline.org/node/1290
Preparing for your Nursing or Midwifery University Course Interview, Friday 25 January 2019. Find out more and register for the Nursing or Midwifery session – https://www.leapsonline.org/node/1291