Dear parents and carers,
you are all welcome to the next Parent Council meeting on Wednesday 23 January at 6.30pm in the Community Lounge in Drummond Community High School.
Our Headteacher, Jodie Hannan, and Depute Head, Pauline Sharp, will explain:
- staffing challenges and consequent changes to the curriculum
- the timetabling process
- and how pupils choose what courses to take from S3 to S6.
This a great chance to ask questions.
We will also discuss:
- Fundraising: a small group has been investigating activities, such as running a cafe for people using Drummond on Saturdays. Is this something we can do? We would need volunteers. Would you be interested?
- Spending funds: there will be an update on the “Drummond Decides” process – Parent Council is putting up £1000, and pupils and staff will decide how to spend it. We’ll also discuss other ideas, like paying for visits to community cinema.
- Supporting Broughton Primary School’s application to “Leith Chooses” for a project about growing and preparing food.
- City of Edinburgh Council Budget: on Mon 4 Feb there will be a meeting for reps of Parent Councils to discuss the city’s Education budget over the next few years. (It doesn’t look good.) Would anyone like to represent us?
There will be tea, coffee, juice and biscuits.
Please let us know if you need help with translation – email email@example.com
Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to discuss by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.