In order to allow pupils and parents to plan ahead in terms of a study timetable, SQA exam leave for this session is outlined below. It has been made slightly more complicated this year by the regulations surrounding Curriculum for Excellence so I have tried to bullet point the arrangements to make them easier to follow.
- S4 pupils sitting 3 or more National 5 exams/ all S5 and S6 pupils will have their last day of classes on Tuesday 3rd May.
- Exam leave will run from Wednesday 4th May and will run until Wednesday 1st June (inclusive).
- S4 pupils sitting two or less National 5 exams are not entitled to the full exam leave but will get two days study leave prior to each exam (plus the day of the actual exam).
- S4 pupils with no National 5 exams will be expected to attend school throughout the exam leave period. A programme of lessons and activities has been arranged including opportunities of taster courses at Edinburgh College or work experience.
- There will be an Induction programme for S4/5/6 pupils on Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd June (a small number of pupils may have an exam on one of these days and therefore should not attend the induction).
- The new timetable will start for all S5/6 pupils on Monday 6th June.
As we reach this important stage in the lives of senior pupils, I would encourage them all to plan their study time carefully and make the most of the Easter Revision Programme the school is offering the first week of the Easter break and to use the remaining week for focused study too. There will be opportunities when they return after Easter to seek help and support from their teachers in the final preparation leading up to their exams. I am sure parents will be playing their part in offering help and support and ensuring time is created for study.
I would like to wish all exam candidates well on behalf of everyone here at Drummond Community High School and to hope they secure the results they deserve from their hard work and effort throughout the years.
Susan Cook (Acting Head Teacher)