In order to allow pupils and parents to plan ahead in terms of a study timetable, SQA exam leave for this session is outlined below. It has been made slightly more complicated this year by the regulations surrounding Curriculum for Excellence so I have tried to bullet point the arrangements to make them easier to follow.
• S4 pupils sitting 3 or more National 5 exams/ all S5 and S6 pupils will have their last day of classes on Friday 1st May.
• Exam leave will run from Tuesday 5th May (Monday 4th is a holiday) and will run until Friday 29th May inclusive.
• S4 pupils sitting two or less National 5 exams are not entitled to the full exam leave but will get two days study leave prior to each exam (plus the day of the actual exam).
• S4 pupils with no National 5 exams will be expected to attend school throughout the exam leave period. A programme of lessons and activities has been arranged including opportunities of taster courses at Edinburgh College.
• The new timetable will start for all pupils on Monday 1st June. Any pupils who have exams after this date will be granted study leave as detailed above.
• There will be an Induction programme for S4/5/6 pupils on Thursday 4th and Friday 5th June.
As we reach this important stage in the lives of senior pupils, I would encourage them all to plan their study time carefully and make the most of the Easter Revision Programme the school is offering the first week of the Easter break and to use the remaining week for focused study too. There will be opportunities when they return after Easter to seek help and support from their teachers in the final preparation leading up to their exams. I am sure parents will be playing their part in offering help and support and ensuring time is created for study.
I would like to wish exam all exam candidates well on behalf of everyone here at Drummond Community High School and to hope they secure the results they deserve from their hard work and effort throughout the years.