Dear parents and carers,
you are all welcome to the next Parent Council meeting on Wednesday 23 January at 6.30pm in the Community Lounge in Drummond Community High School.
Our Headteacher, Jodie Hannan, and Depute Head, Pauline Sharp, will explain:
- staffing challenges and consequent changes to the curriculum
- the timetabling process
- and how pupils choose what courses to take from S3 to S6.
This a great chance to ask questions.
We will also discuss:
- Fundraising: a small group has been investigating activities, such as running a cafe for people using Drummond on Saturdays. Is this something we can do? We would need volunteers. Would you be interested?
- Spending funds: there will be an update on the “Drummond Decides” process – Parent Council is putting up £1000, and pupils and staff will decide how to spend it. We’ll also discuss other ideas, like paying for visits to community cinema.
- Supporting Broughton Primary School’s application to “Leith Chooses” for a project about growing and preparing food.
- City of Edinburgh Council Budget: on Mon 4 Feb there will be a meeting for reps of Parent Councils to discuss the city’s Education budget over the next few years. (It doesn’t look good.) Would anyone like to represent us?
There will be tea, coffee, juice and biscuits.
Please let us know if you need help with translation – email email@example.com
Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to discuss by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday 6 March, 9am – 4pm
Corn Exchange, 10 New Market Rd, Edinburgh EH14 1RJ
- S4-S6 school summer leavers?
- Young college leaver?
- Left school within the last three years?
Job Roadshow Poster (PDF, 119KB)
These sessions will be relevant if you are applying via UCAS for a Teaching, Nursing or Midwifery course at any university and might have an interview coming up.
Access the LEAPS website – https://www.leapsonline.org/schoolstudents/s6-blog/s6-sessions
Please click on the links below to find out more and book your place:
Preparing for your Teaching University Course Interview, Friday 25 January 2019. Find out more and register for the Teaching session – https://www.leapsonline.org/node/1290
Preparing for your Nursing or Midwifery University Course Interview, Friday 25 January 2019. Find out more and register for the Nursing or Midwifery session – https://www.leapsonline.org/node/1291
The 6th years have organised a Christmas party for all pupils, the party will take place in school from 6pm until 8pm on 20th December 2018.
The party will have snacks, drinks and a disco. Tickets are on sale now for £2 a ticket.
- Granton Campus
- 19th December 2018
- 10 am – 1pm
- Performance from 2pm
Interested in acting, costume, make-up artistry, dance, musical theatre, technical theatre, see your PSL to get permission to attend the Open Day at Granton Campus on Wednesday 19th December 2018.
PASS Open Day 2018
They are looking for the following:
- 3 x Environmental Health Operative Apprentices with Dunedin Canmore Housing Association.
- 1 x Painting and Decorating Apprentice with Bell Group
- 4 x Business Admin/Housing Apprenticeships with Dunedin Canmore Housing Association
The information event is at the Dunedin Canmore Housing office, 8 New Mart Road, Edinburgh, EH14 1RL starting at 10am on Friday 7th December. The session will tell young people a bit more about the opportunities on offer and provide an opportunity to complete an application form if they are interested. Young people don’t need to have any qualifications to apply.
Their Academy only holds around 80 people so they would ask that any staff members who are supporting young people to send details of any potential attendees to Gavin.
If you have any questions, please contact Gavin on 0131 624 5569 or by email: email@example.com