As part of the L&T group, Mr Cockburn and Miss Drummond will be running a study skills workshop for senior students and their parent/carer. The event will run in the concourse, 6.00-7.30pm on Wednesday 16th November (NB: a day later than was stated on Monday morning). Please see the above flyer for information.
The aim of the workshop will be to offer practical advice and support to parents and pupils on how best to prepare for exams.
The workshop will cover topics such as –
- Working out what learning strategies work best for you
- Planning your study and time management
- Ways to ensure health and wellbeing
- Creating the right environment
- Practical strategies for studying
- How parents/carers can support you.
The evening will be relaxed and informal and we hope that it will be an enjoyable experience for all who participate. Those wishing to attend should register interest at the main office. Places will be limited so students should sign-up as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Mr Cockburn and Miss Drummond